Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Holidays

Tis the season to take down the Christmas tree and put away the eggnog. So I guess I better get to blogging.
This was Ben and I's first Mr. and Mrs. Christmas together and it was busy.
We got our first tree together at a black Friday deal at Target, and of course once we put it together the lights didn't work. We took it back, and a few weeks later I caved and bought basically the same tree for almost twice as much money. I wanted a tree!
We didn't do anything Christmas-y all month. Just too busy I guess. I'm really upset we didn't go to Temple Square.
Our festivities didn't start until Christmas Eve. My family had the good old "Bowling Movie Pizza" day that we do every year. The only bad thing was that Ben had to go into work at 3 so he was only able to come bowling. I missed him all day, it really sucked not having him there.
 On Christmas day we opened gifts at Ben's parents house with his little sister. It was fun opening present with everyone. Ben's parents were far too kind this year, they got us a brand new TV! It was such a relief getting rid of our monster in the front room.
We got so many other gifts, and Ben got freaking spoiled. I keep asking him if that was his best Christmas ever, because if it wasn't, I don't think I want to know what was. My favorite gift that I gave him was a T shirt with two of our favorite shows mixed together, I've had it for months and could not WAIT to give it to him. I also drove to Lehi the weekend before Christmas to pick up tickets. What kind of tickets you ask? Why tickets to see one of our favorite teams play the Jazz!!
 Afterward his Mom made everyone breakfast. Ben's family started a little tradition a couple years back, I'm not sure where they got it from, but here's how it goes: They have a little green pickle ornament that one of his parents hides in the tree, once it's hid the kids come and try to find the pickle in the tree, whoever finds it gets a prize! It took us SO long to find that dang pickle this year!

After breakfast we went to my parents house and had lunch with everyone and opened Christmas crackers. It's a Scottish thing we've been doing for as long as I can remember. Here is the history behind Christmas crackers if you're interested.

That night we went to a movie with Ben's family then went and played a board game at their house. It was such a long day, but it was fun seeing all the family.

1 comment:

Jess said...

The pickle thing is a German tradition.. (I only know that because Ben's family is German.. haha) :)