Saturday, February 16, 2013

First comes Love, Then comes Marriage...

Then comes the cradle list.

Getting pregnant is not a race.
Sure maybe someday I'll want to have lil chillin's as badly as Ben does, but until then I would like to check off my cradle list.
What is a cradle list? It's like a bucket list, but instead of things you want to accomplish before you die, it's things you want to accomplish before you have screaming babies.

This is mine so far:
1. Travel (Mainly Scotland next summer)
2. Get a puppy (I want my kids to grow up with a pet)
3. Move (Into a real home, or an apartment that's more sound proof)
4. Get a second car (The one we have right now doesn't even belong to us...)
5. Save (It is nearly impossible to save when you first get married)
6. Day job (Ben needs a day job, no more of this working until midnight every night)
7. Concerts (We are really getting into concerts lately, and I want to see as many as we want)
8. Splurge (I still need to buy clothes for myself, let alone a newborn)
9. Work out (I want to actually have a nice body to lose when I get pregnant)
10. Enjoy each other (We've only been married six months, I want to have him to myself a bit longer)

That's all I've got right now, but it keeps me motivated to work towards those things, baby or no baby. 


2 comments:

Kristine said...

I like your list! I'm glad that is important to you as it's hard to do many of those things afterward. We had a list too! Finished it 5 years early though... Haha!

Ashley Anderson said...

My heart fell into my butt when I saw the title for this. I thought you were announcing your pregnancy. Thank heavens you're not! Love the list idea. Very smart