Monday, March 19, 2012

Smurfing

Spring break was wonderful.

I needed the break from school and I needed to see my man. The first half of the week I stayed in St. George, working and enjoying the company of great friends that ventured down South for the break.
 Come Wednesday, I packed up all my things and was homeward bound. I got so much done while I was in PG for those 5 days. Since the wedding is in less than 5 months now and everyone that has anything to do with the wedding is up north, I had a lot to get nailed down while I was home.
  1. Wedding Dress 
  2. Reception Details
  3. Photographer
  4. Cake
 Guess what, I did it all.
On Friday afternoon, My Mother, Kristine, Heather and I all walked into the wedding dress shop. I tried on about five dresses, once I put on the sixth, I fell in love. An hour of dress shopping and we were done. I couldn't have been happier. Shopping is NOT my forte.
We went straight from the dress shop to the house of Dawna, who I wanted to do the cake. We saved our date ;) and now all I have to do is meet with her when I move home and decide what I want it to look like.
Later that night Kristine, my Mom and I went to Erin Summerill's home to sign the photography contract. I'm so glad Erin is doing our photo's, she's an AMAZING photographer.
Saturday morning we headed over to Bella Vista, where we're having our super fun reception! We decided on all the decorations and it made me so excited. I can't wait to have everyone there.

Besides all the wedding stuff, I managed to do a lot of other fun things.
I was able to spend an evening with some of by BFF's, we had dinner at Cafe Rio of course. While there Ben snuck up behind me and scared me so bad that I man-screamed and the entire restaurant looked at me.After dinner we all went back to my house for old times sake and played games.

Ben and I visited Kristine at her new job, Savory and Sweet! We got this CRAZY stuff called "Asian Ice". It looks like processed turkey, but it is so extremely delicious.
 I was able to see all of my family! It's crazy how much nieces and nephews grow up when you're not around them all the time.
 Ben also spoiled me and took me out to a movie and dinner at Olive Garden! Such a sweet boy.

I love going home. It was a perfect spring break.

-Linds

1 comment:

Kristine said...

What a fun weekend! Loved being a part of it. And, thanks for coming into my new work! Especially since I only work a few hours, one night a week, I'm glad you got to see it while I was there!

I love that photo of Aria and Ben. Such characters they are!

You and Ben are cuties!