Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love Day

This is Ben and I's second Vday together. The first one was way back in 2010, when we were just good friends. We both had to work that night and neither of us had a Valentine so he asked me if I would be his, jokingly of course. I  laughed then I told him yes. That night, when he got off work, he asked if he could come see "his Valentine". He showed up at my house with a card and two of my favorite candies. That is one of my favorite memories of him, such a sweet boy.

This Valentines was so fun. I was able to go up north for a few days over the weekend, and since one of my classes was cancelled, I was able to stay until Tuesday! I was so glad to be spending love day with Ben. We got up bright at early on Tuesday to go look at venues for the wedding. After that we spent the afternoon at the dentist office, Benners had to get his teeth cleaned.

After Ben went to school and work, he came over to my house for a quite night at home. We weren't expecting to be together for the holiday so we never really planned anything. It was perfect though. We got ourselves some pizza, bread sticks and cranberry juice! I made Ben a little Valentines package that I was planning on sending in the mail, but I let him open it that night. I told him that his present to me was this gorgeous ring on my finger....nope, he out did himself once again. First he wrote me the cutest letter, got me a movie I've been wanting to see for ages, chapstick (that kind where you "mix" them and they make a new flavor), SOCKS! and of course, my two favorite candies. He did so good, always full of surprises. I love him to death.

We made cuppin cakes! VALENTINES cuppin cakes. They turned out super delicious, as always. You can tell which one of us frosted which cup cake.


I love spending time with Ben, even if it's making a mess of the kitchen. I was sad to have to drive back to St. George the next morning. I think we had a fun Valentines, it's probably always going to be a fun holiday that we're going to love celebrating. Here's to two great Valentines with Ben and many more to come! 

Happy Valentines everyone, I hope yours was amazing. Valentines isn't just about being in a relationship, it's purely about caring for someone. I used to get little gifts from my parents on Vday, and it meant the world to me. So whether you've got yourself a man/woman, parents, a best friend, children, enjoy it! So share the love and make next year even better. 

-Lindsey

2 comments:

Kristine said...

You guys are so cute together. What a fun day for you both. He sure is a keeper for you!

Millie said...

Forgive me for saying this, but your fiance has a dashing smile! I too had a really great Valentines Day. And, your final paragraph sums up this particular holiday.