Sunday, February 26, 2012

Work

Its been awhile since I've posted, I apologize.

I would like to start out by just saying that I am freaking excited to marry Lindsey, I am so lucky to be marrying the most amazing woman in the whole world.
So just an update, I didn't know what to write about because all I do is go to school and work, so Linds suggested that I write about work...
For 3 weeks now I have been working for a company called Progrexion, and we sell credit repair to people who need it, and to people who just plainly want to raise their credit score. It is a sales job, but we work with warm leads, which means, we call people who have been referred to us, and people who have filled out applications online asking for help with their credit. Now let me just tell you, before I got this job, I had NO idea what a good credit score was, or how to build credit. Simply, I knew what a credit card was, I knew you needed good credit to get a car loan, or a house, etc. but I had no idea how the system worked.
So when I got hired on it was a good thing that I had a week straight of an 8 hour class pounding credit and legal info into my head, I am now a paralegal with lexington law firm and I know a lot about credit. Progrexion and Lexington Law are partner companies and work together to repair peoples credit. Now, I'm not trying to pitch you our company, or try and get you to sign up, but Lexington Law firm is the #1 credit repair company in the nation, and the product we sell is legit and people with bad credit, and need help improving it can really use our service. So having warm leads, and knowing the product is legit, its easy to sell people our product.
Now I didn't write this post to bore you with company info, or legal crap. There is a comedic side to this job. We sit in cubicles and we are on the phones with people all day, and you can assume that not everyone is a charm on the phone, not us because that is our job to be charming, but the customers on the other end. I get several phone calls a day from people cussing me out and then hanging up. Now its one thing to get a call from a company and you're not wanting their service so you hang up on them, but its another thing to be the one calling the people and being hung up on. Another thing is, is these people filled out info, or requested a call from us, we do not cold call anyone, so its funny to get on a phone call with someone and they yell at you, "You need to quit calling me!! I do not need credit repair!!" and then you just sit there and laugh(not really because we need to be somewhat nice) and you just say, "well then why did you fill out info on the computer requesting a call from us?" the responses to that are funny, they either hang up on you, choke on their words and then say, "well my credit is bad, but I don't want you guys to call me anymore." Whatever the excuse is, its pretty lame, and you can call them out on it, and some people you can switch around and sign them up for the service. haha
I love my job, Its different everyday, in its own way. But for the first time, in a long time, I can say that I enjoy having to go to work. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get my degree in exercise science and have an actual career, but for right now, this job pays the bills and will soon put dinner on the table.

-Ben

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Sounds like phone jobs! Hahaha!
I love that you post on here too and not just Linds!