Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Story

To begin, I think we should start...at the beginning.

Lindsey's Side: Ben and I have known each other for almost 4 years now. It's hard to believe it was that long ago that we met for the first time. It was in May of 2009, me and three of my best friends went into Outback to see our beloved Young Womens Prez who happened to be the bartender there. We sat down in a booth and instantly my three friends started talking about this "cute bus boy" that was working there. The entire time we were there visiting I was straining my neck, trying to catch a glimpse of this dapper young man. When it came time to leave, they wanted to leave their numbers on a piece of paper so we could possibly see him in the future. I decided "why not" and put my name and number down, never actually seeing what this boy looked like. We left, and later that night we all heard from him and he told us his name was Ben Jenkins. (My favorite part? He still has the paper with our numbers on it) Ben started hanging out with us every once in awhile until he became one of my very best friends. We dated for a few months that next summer until I went away to school in St. George, and began dating again this past fall. It didn't take long for us to decide we couldn't live without each other and that's when he asked me to marry him, but we'll save that for a different post.

Ben's Side: Well, my side of the story... That night I had work, as usual, but what I didn't know was that very day I would be meeting the love of my life, my future wife. I was actually training another new employee that happened to be my friend, and when these superlative young women came in to eat, we both acknowledged how beautiful these 4 women were. The only problem was, when they left their numbers for me, I had to fight my friend off from taking them from me. I did win that fight, and I began to hang out with these girls. Linds and I became very good friends, and eventually fell deeply in love with each other, and we continue to strengthen and build that friendship and love as we are now engaged to be married this fall... but more on that story soon.

2 comments:

Ashley Anderson said...

Kudos on saying we were all beautiful, Ben. Kudos.

Kristine said...

I am so giddy right now! Nice Blog!